Sunday, July 13, 2008

babies, weddings, vacations and such

Since I got back into the blogging business, it's easier to keep going. I figured I'd just leave a general update about what's going on with me lately.

Right now, I'm mostly consumed with work - teaching summer camp, which takes up all of my energy. I've started taking the bus to Issaquah, which takes about twice as long as driving but should save some money (not to mention the earth)! I'm also trying not to have mini panic attacks about the upcoming "busy" season of fall, when I have to have volunteers recruited, volunteer trainings planned, and visits to schools scheduled.

Also, we're getting ready for the annual multi-friend garage sale (our proceeds to benefit our February trip to Hawaii, others' proceeds to benefit upcoming friends' wedding). Which brings me to the next thing I'm busy doing... being a bridesmaid to Melinda. That involves, so far, addressing envelopes, being comic relief during a photo shoot, planning a "girls' weekend" away, and shopping for stuff. The wedding is in October... much more wedding-y stuff ahead for us! (Jonathan got tapped to help a couple other guy friends with the photography and music).

Next are all the babies due to be born this year to close friends! Courtney (number 2 for her) in August, Kelli and Chrissy in November. I'm assuming there will be baby showers galore coming up!

In August is our 5-year IslandWood Class of '03 reunion! I'm looking forward to seeing my good friends!

And lastly, but not leastly, I'm super stoked about going to Kauai in February. I realize this is quite a while away, but I'm already planning! Maybe it's the nice weather we're (finally) having, but I've been getting the inside scoops from people who've been there about where to go and what to do. Can't wait to kayak, snorkel, hike, eat and sunbathe our way around the island!

1 comment:

LIONO said...

Doth mine eyes deceive me? A blog, a blog, I cry out to the sky.

It was good to see you guys. Make sure you always include us in your summer road trip!